- What labs or how many are using GenPept?
approximately 20 C2B2/MAGNet labs and 50 Cancer-center & non-Cancer center labs
- Who is the main “database authority” for GenPept?
Pavel Morozov (pm259<at>columbia.edu), Richard Friedman (friedman<at>cancercenter.columbia.edu)
- What kind of database is it? (flat-file, relational, XML, etc)
- Name/Size of database?
5 million sequences, 1.5 billion residues
- Backup procedures? How often?
- Database backups (Hot, Cold, Both) [and/or]
- Operating system backup
- What servers/operating systems are hosting them (IP addresses)
- Approximately how many *active* users?
- How often is the database used? (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- What platforms are being used? (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- What applications are using these databases?
- Web interface?
- Application (GUI)?
- Command line interface (CUI)?
- Web interface
- command line (GCG package) and x-Windows (seqlab)
- Is it accessible from outside the firewall to public users?
- What is the primary purpose of the database & types of data stored?
- Sequence Homology searches and retrieval
- May I access the database and if so, what is the login info?
- adgate.cu-genome.org; for login-id => Contact: Hans-Erik Aronson (hga1<at>columbia.edu)
- http://cancercenter.columbia.edu; for login-id => Contact: Janie Weiss (janie<at>cancercenter.columbia.edu)